This year’s annual conference on disinformation will be held online, from Monday September 28nd to Friday October 2nd. Two sessions will take place each day, between 14:00-16:30 CEST, each exploring a theme defining the disinformation phenomenon.
During the week we will explore the few faces of disinformation with Sleeping Giants Co-founder Nandini Jammi, who will deliver a keynote speech on the issues with programmatic advertising. We’ll also be joined by Graphika’s Camille François who will interview “fake news” strategist Mirko Ceselkoski and reflect on Mirko’s experience of the 2016 US election. Later on in the week we will hear from cofounder of First Draft Dr. Claire Wardle, European Commission Vice President of Values and Transparency Vĕra Jourová, Nick Pickles from Twitter Public Policy and Clément Wolf, Global Public Policy Lead at Google.
- Day 1 – 28/09 – The few faces of disinformation
- Day 2 – 29/09 – Content distribution and the monetisation of disinformation
- Day 3 – 30/09 – Content moderation and safeguarding freedom of speech online
- Day 4 – 01/10 – The COVID-19 infodemic as a game-changer?
- Day 5 – 02/10 – Disinformation in elections and democratic processes
Join us for meaningful discussions with researchers, policymakers, civil society, and online platform representatives where we will reflect on case studies and technical developments and deliberate over what an effective regulatory responses to disinformation will look like.
In the meantime, follow us on Twitter (@DisinfoEU) for updates.