Project Officer – CLOSING DATE 22/02/2022
EU DisinfoLab is Europe’s leading independent NGO tackling sophisticated disinformation campaigns targeting the EU, its member states, core institutions and core values.
To this end, EU DisinfoLab:
- Develops and maintains an independent European platform on disinformation;
- Monitors disinformation activities across the major platforms (digital and traditional), identifies trends and threats, and exposes disinformation campaigns;
- Delivers policy recommendations and advocates towards EU institutions, European governments, and the UN;
- Organises roundtables, forums, meetings and other events to gather researchers, investigators, fact-checkers, educators, policy-makers and platform representatives to develop long lasting solutions to tackle disinformation in Europe.
Our values – We believe in:
- Integrity and accountability: in all our actions, we remain true to our ethics and vision, and when we’re wrong, we own up to our mistakes. We expect the same from our team members and our partners.
- Collective action: When dealing with a complex phenomenon such as disinformation, we believe that collective actions are crucial for coming up with sustainable and effective solutions. This is valid both for our internal collaboration and our external activities.
- Excellence and quality: Our activities are grounded in evidence-based analyses, and we always do our best and go the extra mile.
EU DisinfoLab is currently looking for a Project officer. The Project officer is responsible for delivering EU DisinfoLab’s activities for different projects. The Project officer is working closely with all the team, especially Researchers and the Communications team to handle, monitor and report on the projects, organise and schedule the work of colleagues and send deliverables through. This includes working on European projects such as CrossOver, EDMO BELUX and EFCSN.
After your onboarding, you will:
- Participate in EU Projects meetings where EU DisinfoLab is involved;
- Anticipate and organise the work of the research team. This includes potential travel to different EU countries;
- Write and supervise deliverables for EU projects, including financial and time reporting;
- Schedule, lead and organise regular project meetings with the relevant colleagues and stakeholders;
- Sustain and maintain an high-quality and respectful relationship within the team and with partners;
- Monitor funding opportunities especially in the EU environment (Horizon Europe, etc.);
- Write and submit proposals on behalf of EU DisinfoLab.
- You have excellent organisation skills, with a good eye for detail and an ability to multi-task, plan ahead without losing track of priorities and tasks;
- You master Excel, including how to format data, create pivot table and use formulas;
- You care about your colleagues, your team and your working environment;
- You have a good understanding of the functioning of EU projects and at least two years’ experience in EU projects;
- You are located in Belgium and can work from Brussels;
- Educational background in political science, international relations, European studies, communications, journalism or a related field;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- You have native or near-native English language skills. Additional European languages will be considered an asset.
- A permanent contract with a decent salary and advantages;
- Access to world-leading experts active in the disinformation world;
- Tailor-made training in a highly innovative and changing field;
- Coaching and career development plan;
- Evolve and learn within a dynamic, international team.
Starting date: to be discussed
Our office is located in Brussels.
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30 am-6 pm, with occasional homeworking options.
We look forward to receiving your application (CV and short cover letter) as well as two references by 22/02/2022. Please send your application directly to email@example.com with the subject “Application – Project Officer”.
Please do note that EU DisinfoLab will only recontact selected applicants.