Co-hosted with the Heinrich Böll Foundation, our “Polluting the truth about climate change” webinar took place on 3 July. Esteemed speakers in the field shed light on the various forms of climate change disinformation and explored its far-reaching consequences from different angles.
After some introductory words on the topic by Zora Siebert, Head of EU Democracy & Digital Policy Programme at Heinrich Böll Foundation, Alexandra Geese, German MEP of The Greens / EFA, will highlight the challenges of climate misinformation from the policy perspective. The fascinating Jennie King, Head of Climate Research and Policy at the Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD), will introduce us to the denialist and conspiracy content that falsely seeks to portray climate change solutions as restrictions on freedom. DeSmog’s Climate News Reporter Adam Barnett will share with us his deep knowledge of how climate change is being weaponised to advance political agendas.
- Zora Siebert, Head of EU Democracy & Digital Policy Programme, Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Alexandra Geese, German MEP of The Greens / EFA
- Jennie King, Head of Climate Research and Policy, Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD)
- Adam Barnett, Climate News Reporter, DeSmog
- Ana Romero Vicente, Researcher, EU DisinfoLab
Watch the replay of this webinar on our YouTube channel:
The opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the position of EU DisinfoLab. This webinar does not represent an endorsement by EU DisinfoLab of any organisation.