The EU DisinfoLab, established in 2017, is an international NGO gathering top European experts in fighting disinformation and working closely with other organisations across the Atlantic. Our mission is to support civil society and other stakeholders in the fight against disinformation through new technologies, innovative methodology and fostering cooperation.
After training within our team, you will be in charge of:
- Researching mechanisms and impact of disinformation campaigns on social media in leading European countries;
- Monitoring, then reporting results and findings of your research;
Additionally, you could be asked to
- Assist the team in developing new research methodologies on social media;
- Assist the team with project management;
- Assist with the organisation of events in Brussels (annual event, report launches, panel debates, hackathon);
- Represent the organisation in Brussels and abroad.
- Analytic, reliable, hard-working and with a capacity for discretion;
- News-savvy, curious and with an affinity for societal and political issues.
- Excellent report writing skills and a high standard of work quality;
- Excellent understanding and practical experience in different social media platforms, especially the Twitter ecosystem;
- Ability to combine and analyse data from multiple sources;
- Excellent level of English and two of the following languages: French/Spanish/Italian. Additional languages an asset;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel);
- Knowledge of social media monitoring tools (e.g. Visibrain, Brandwatch, Crowdtangle) an asset;
- A growing team working in an excellent atmosphere;
- Tailor-made training in a highly innovative field;
- Constant learning experience;
- Travel abroad;
- Duration and starting date to be defined.
Our office is located at Rue de la Cible 50, 1030 Schaerbeek. Office hours are Mon-Fri 9.30am-6pm.
We look forward to receiving your application (CV and cover letter) by 14th of August 4PM Brussels time. Interviews will take place in August.
Please send your application directly to Léa Charlet: email@example.com with the subject “Application Social Media Researcher”.[pdf-embedder url=”http://disinfo.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/SMResearcherOffer.pdf”]