Events and Office Manager
For its Brussels office, the EU DisinfoLab is looking for a Events and Office Manager.
About the EU DisinfoLab:
As an independent non-profit organisation, EU DisinfoLab gathers knowledge and expertise on disinformation in Europe. Through putting together research, investigative work and policy acumen, EU DisinfoLab is an active member of, and supports, a passionate and vast community that helps to detect, tackle, and prevent information disorders endangering citizens’ integrity, peaceful coexistence, and democratic values.
You can find more information about our mission, vision and values here.
About the position:
Events (50% of time):
- Organise the logistics of events of the EU DisinfoLab from A to Z, including our annual conference which gathers about 400 experts in the counter-disinformation field;
- Find venues for future annual conferences;
- Conduct quality checks and evaluations throughout the entire process of event planning and execution;
- Coordinate team members to assist with the pre-event process;
- Liaise and build relationships with event stakeholders (speakers, sponsors, etc.);
- Oversee the budget and finances of the conference;
- All other event tasks that are needed to organise a successful annual conference (+90% satisfaction rate every year).
Office/ Admin / HR (50% of time):
- Assist the directors on HR processes (including hiring new employees, the payment contractors, ensuring salaries and benefits are paid on time to employees and the planning of holidays and other social benefits);
- Work with our external accountant and the directors, to complete accounting tasks such as managing documentation including invoices and contracts, managing the organisation budget, and delivering the annual financial reports of the organisation and its projects to funders (European projects mostly);
- Support the team’s efforts by assisting the team in all administrative tasks (schedule meetings and travels, etc.);
- Help to maintain good working conditions for the EU DisinfoLab, which could include managing office supplies, placing orders and if necessary, liaise with building managers and external services like cleaning and insurance.
- Based in Brussels or nearby, or willing to relocate to Brussels. The position requires presence in our office 3 days per week;
- At least five years’ professional experience;
- Solid experience in office tasks and very practical mindset;
- Solid experience in organising conferences of more than 200 participants abroad;
- Excellent organisation skills, with a good eye for detail and an ability to multi-task, plan ahead, and keep track of tasks;
- Proficiency in Excel, and MS Office;
- Able to solve problems quickly and find solutions that can help others;
- Enjoy delivering work that can directly help people (your colleagues, your peers, etc.)
- Knowledge of GDPR is a plus;
- Can-do attitude and ability to work autonomously;
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in French is a significant advantage.
- Full-time position, but open to candidates willing to work four days a week;
- Working remotely on Mondays and Fridays;
- A permanent contract with a decent salary and several additional benefits;
- Working with world-leading disinformation experts across the globe on one of the most challenging issues of our time;
- Coaching and career development plan;
- The opportunity to evolve and learn within a dynamic and international team.
Please note that the EU DisinfoLab is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate candidates based on their identity, orientation, origin, nor beliefs.
Our salary policy is based on experience, tasks, and our own current internal salary range.
The package for our newcomers includes 25 days of holidays for a full-time position, the possibility to homework regularly, a full hospitalisation/dental/ambulatory DKV insurance, lunch vouchers and a professional mobile phone contract.
Starting date: to be discussed
Our office is located in Brussels.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30 am-6 pm or 8.30 to 5pm, with homeworking on Mondays and Fridays.
We look forward to receiving your application (CV and cover letter), with the contact details of two/three references and their contact details, by 13/10/2023. Please send your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application – Events and Office Manager”.
Please do note that the EU DisinfoLab will only contact selected applicants.
Incomplete applications will not be examined.