The EU DisinfoLab is looking for a Research Officer to document and unfold information disorders.
You will be in charge of:
- Monitoring disinformation campaigns;
- Reporting the findings of your research;
- Publishing your findings on our website or on other platforms;
- Contributing to developing new research methodologies;
- Assisting the team with project management, if any.
- You hold a Master’s in Political Science and/or Social Science;
- You already have at least 2 years’ experience;
- You are analytical, reliable, hard-working;
- You are news-savvy, curious and with an affinity for explaining and unfolding complex issues;
- You have excellent report writing skills and high standards of work;
- You have a good understanding of social media platforms;
- You have an excellent level of English and French and can maintain high standards of writing in both languages. Additional languages are an asset;
- You know how to use the Microsoft Office suite.
- Permanent contract;
- A growing team working in an excellent atmosphere;
- Tailor-made training;
- Constant learning experience;
- Travel abroad.
Who we are:
The EU DisinfoLab is a vibrant home for activists and experts in Europe to effectively tackle sophisticated disinformation campaigns targeting the EU, its member states, core institutions and core values.
To these ends EU DisinfoLab:
- develops and maintains the main European platform on disinformation;
- monitors disinformation activities across the major platforms (digital and traditional), identifies trends and threats;
- regularly makes policy recommendations at the EU level and to member states;
- organises regular seminars, forums, meetings and other events to assemble activists, researchers and experts to share experiences and tools.
The job is located in Brussels, Belgium.
Please send your application with 3 professional references before 12th June directly to recruitment(at)disinfo.eu with the subject “Research Officer”.