The EU DisinfoLab together with the Atlantic Council would like to cordially invite you to our second annual disinformation event, the 2018 Brussels DisinfoLab, which will be held on April 11th at the EurActiv premises in Brussels.
This year’s event, a follow-up to our 2017 Brussels DisinfoLab (more here), will gather experts and policy-makers from both sides of the Atlantic, aiming to expose the mechanisms behind disinformation activities, as well as offer concrete recommendations on countering it.
8:30 – 9:00 Registration / Welcome coffee
9:00 – 9:15 Welcoming remarks
- Christophe Leclercq, EurActiv Founder & EC HLEG on Fake News Member
- Alexandre Alaphilippe, Vice-President, EU DisinfoLab
9:15 – 10:50 Panel 1: Exposing the Kremlin’s Toolkit
- Peter Pomerantsev, Senior Visiting Fellow, LSE
- Ida Eklund Lindwall, EU East StratCom Task Force, EEAS
- Guillaume Chaslot, Founder, AlgoTransparency, fmr Google
- Moderated by: Stephen Dalziel, Senior Fellow, The Institute for Statecraft
10:50 – 11:00 Coffee break
11:00 – 12:30 Panel 2: How to Fight Back – Lessons and Recommendations
- Alina Polyakova, David M. Rubenstein Fellow, The Brookings Institution
- Michał Boni, Member, European Parliament
- Andy Pryce, Head of Counter Disinformation, FCO, British Government
- Representative of the Council of Europe (tbc)
- Ambassador Daniel Fried, Distinguished Fellow, Atlantic Council
- Moderated by: Brian Maguire, independent journalist
12:30 – 13:30 Networking lunch
Venue: EurActiv, International Press Centre, 2nd Floor, Bvd Charlemagne 1, 1041 Brussels
Event hashtag: #DisinfoLab (please keep in mind that some of the presentations might be delivered under the Chatham House rule).
Didn’t manage to register? No worries! We will publish a video with highlights & an executive summary soon after the event.